Is namhaid an cheird gan í a fhoghlaim.
The craft is an enemy when not learned.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

[ANAH] Weeks 1 & 2 Redux


So, Things I Learned From Doing This Exercise AGAIN.  Not to capitalize so much.  No, really, I learned that I didn't know nearly enough about a character I was "leaving to" Dianne.  That's a bad habit of mine largely borne of not wanting to step on her toes.  

I don't assume about anything she's got going on because I want to let her have her say.  I was raised to believe that I was a conscience-less steamroller who never let anyone have any say.  Some of that may be true because I have ADHD and a slightly largish brain, but it's rather buggery when it comes to leaving blanks in my mind for Dianne to fill in as we go.

Other things I learned is that having a migraine is a full-time job.  I'm barely able to keep up and this is the first go-round.  Speaking of round, I think our next section is on circle-plots.  I did, all humour aside, learn what a bloody burden it is to have my brain trying to outgrow my skull.  

The Story So Far: If this exercise of writing things down (preferably on large pieces of paper with lots of colours) is the only thing I take from this book, I'm ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment