Is namhaid an cheird gan í a fhoghlaim.
The craft is an enemy when not learned.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

[Dianne/Anah] Weeks 17-18: Plotting with More Than One Protagonist

This week's task is to make a POV grid, a table that explains from whose point of view each scene will be. I was, I have to say, not looking forward to this exercise. Not because I didn't think it would be useful (I actually love the version of this exercise that shows up in The Weekend Novelist Rewrites the Novel) but because it meant rethinking the outline.

Anah can tell you: I hate rethinking the outline. I want the outline to work. I don't want it to be wrong. Ever. :P (Anah: She takes it very personally. It's true. This is why I wait until we're nearly done the book to point out plot flaws. I have to work up to it. Also, she can't kill me that close to a deadline.)

Chapter.SceneScene NameSettingTimelinePOV
1.1Total ChaosJames's HouseDay 0James
1.2The InterviewMaddy's OfficeDay 1Nico
1.3When Can You Start?James's House/Swimming LessonsDay 2James
2.1Moving DayMama's House/James's HouseDay 4Nico
2.2Alive Below the WaistJames's Office/BackyardDay 8James
2.3Playing FrogJames's BackyardDay 10Nico
2.4BedtimeVali & Bianca's RoomsDay 10James
3.1Finding the DogDriving/Vet/James's HouseDay 14Nico
3.2Dinner Party and AfterJames's HouseDay 20James
3.3About the DogJames's HouseDay 21Nico
3.4Not Just the NannyJames's BackyardDay 30James
4.1Day OffNightclub/Cab/James's HouseDay 35Nico
4.2At the HospitalHospital/James's HouseDay 36James
4.3HomecomingJames's HouseDay 39Nico
5.1Waking Up AloneJames's HouseDay 40James
5.2Getting Ready for the DateJames's HouseDay 45Nico
5.3Out TogetherRestaurant/James's HouseDay 45James

No comments:

Post a Comment