Is namhaid an cheird gan í a fhoghlaim.
The craft is an enemy when not learned.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

[Dianne] Weeks 13-14: Dressing Your Character

Anah and I read through the exercise for this and... Well, okay, it was mostly me. I did the complete exercise for another book and found it utterly useless. Picking out brand names and describing a character's closet just doesn't do it for me. I already listed key components of their wardrobes back in the Character Sketch exercise, that was enough.

So we decided to do a modified version. We're focusing on the "describe the character from another character's POV" portion of the exercise, and we split it up so that I'll be writing Nico's description of James, and Vali's description of Nico. Anah will be writing James's description of Nico, and Bianca's description of James. Anah thought (and after mulling it over, I agreed) that the children's perspectives added important detail.



The Story So Far: Nico is becoming pretty clear in my head, and I've got a good handle on his motivations. I'm looking forward to working on more story-centered exercises in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment